Tuesday, November 28, 2017

White Apple

pastel on pumice board 20"x 20"
purchase

I've been continuing to experiment with pastel. This started out loose (and I liked the looseness), but gradually settled down into something quieter and more balanced.

Never having taken a pastel class, and not knowing any pastel artists well, I feel like I need to find my own way with the medium. I ordered a set of very soft pastels by Sennelier, but found them much too soft for details. Then I ordered Nupastels, which I can sharpen to nice points using a razor. I'm very happy with using the two sets in combination.

I tried using fixitive on a section and it darkened the colors dreadfully, so I drew over that area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com